For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sitting here looking at the sweetest lil face. Last night was a lil rough on everyone, but we are feeling better this morning. I keep hearing the song "and when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid, because I know that you love me, your love never fails. There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning." This face is pure joy. Better than a rainbow. Thank you God for this promise. Today I feel strong and I am so thankful for that gift. This journey is sometimes an hour at a time, sometimes a day, but never more. We are in His word and trying to not worry about tomorrow. Resting in His promises. Talking to people, I sometimes hear myself speak and I am taken aback that He is holding me together like He is. Without Him, I would be on the floor or admitted somewhere.
Mr. Griffin is holding his own today. He still has an IV, the fourth one. His picc line procedure failed last night. We are praying that the iv holds up today and that they are able to find other ports when the time comes. They may attempt another picc, but not anytime soon. He did pass a lil more stool, which is good. But it too had blood in it, so they just did another x-ray. We are waiting on those results. I am sure this means they will not resume feeding tomorrow.
So today it is an hour kind of day. Please pray his x-ray doesn't show anything alarming and that they read it with accuracy.
Love,
Stefanie

2 comments:

  1. Amen Joy comes in the morning! There is nothing more powerful than the desperate prayer of a mother for her child. I want you to know that I am binding in prayer with you and your family for a quick consistent recovery for Griffin. I am praying for your stregnth as you nurse him back to health. God will see you and your family through this trial. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5
    If God brought you to it...He will see you through it!
    Love in Christ,
    Christina Brunsick GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefanie, this is Mary Ann from the nursery at Co-op! I just want you to know our family is holding all of you in prayer, especially your sweet Griffin!!!!
    Mary Ann Kavanagh

    ReplyDelete