For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grateful. Yesterday it really started to hit me how many people are praying for our sweet Griffin. It overwhelmed me and I had a good "Thank you God" cry. On my way driving to the hospital my phone buzzed 3 times with texts from dear friends, letting me know they were praying for our sweet boy. I felt a little stronger after reading each. I've been blessed with beautiful, prayer-filled emails that are litterally food for my soul. I hear God's word in these and I borrow strength that could never come from me. I get to listen to voicemails with encouraging words- friends offering prayer, loving a lil boy they've yet to meet, but doing so as the hands of our God. Who knew Facebook could be such a spiritual weapon? Each promise to pray is like sharpening a knife. I fill bound by prayer. Strenghtened, calmed, loved. I will never be able to thank you all enough. Prayer is what Griffin needs
the most and you are providing that for our family.
God's provision to me is the ability to take this one day at a time. This is a lot. Our little world is our home and the hospital and that is all I can handle right now. Sometimes talking about it takes so much out of me that it gets my eyes off of what is important. It's too hard to have a conversation at this point, speaking all the details, discussing and explaining it, it steals my strength a bit. Did you ever think I would get to a point where I wouldn't want to talk about something? This is shocking to me too! And yes you can laugh at this fact. We finally found something that will shut her up people. I no longer sit in the nursery waiting room to eat because the other Mothers want to chit chat. They tell me about their 3 week early babies who always seem to be going home tomorrow, by the way, and I offer my encouragement and smiles. Then they start to question the details of our
situation and as I recount them matter of factly, praising a God for the good in this messy situation, they start to cry. Twice I have literally had

No comments:

Post a Comment