For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our boy is doing well! Praise God! We have had several good days.

They continue to up his feedings- up to 26 now, turning down IV slowly and weaning him off of that. We could be IV free by Thursday. He is up to 4.13 lbs. They said he's had a growth spurt! He looks different to me everyday. He takes my breath away.
Grant is doing better as well. He seems to be better accepting this new routine. So grateful for friends that have helped out with him, brought dinners and prayed over our sweet boy. We'd be lost without all you. Aunt Jane continues to hold down our fort. We are nominating her for Sainthood.
I've never before experienced the love of Christ like I have in these last 18 days. I feel broken, but whole and comforted at his feet. We have been brought to that scary, ellusive place, where your own strength is so insufficient that it's laughable and the only way you know you will be able to make it through the next hour, let alone day, is to fully submit to His will, praising, praying, weeping, as a child at His feet. Oh what peace I have found at those beautiful feet. He has filled my heart & my arms with a child I grieved I thought I'd never have. When I accepted what I thought was God's clear answer that we were not going to have another baby, I prayed, "not my will, but yours. Not my plan, but yours. Wash your peace over me, so I may live in your will and not my desire." And He was good.And He gave me peace in my longing that was so complete, it could only come from Him. And
then, in His perfect timing came Griffin. His plans are perfect. He has been faithful to quite our minds long enough in this storm to see glimpses of how he is using this to work on us and for His glory.
Today, my strong boy, this is the song in our heart.
"But you LORD are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lift my head high.
I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down to sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains ."
Psalm 3:3-5
Love,
Stefanie

2 comments:

  1. I, too, stand in awe of God's amazing grace. "Sitting at the feet of Jesus, where I love to kneel and pray, where His goodness and His glory drive the shadows from my way". Love you all and I am counting the rainbows, not the storms. :) Continuing in prayer and believing with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah H./doubletroubleFebruary 1, 2012 at 5:33 AM

    To be broken and curled up at His feet in the posture of a child is a very hard thing but so so sweet... His mercies never fail, they are new EVERY morning.

    So very thankful to continue to read these updates here. Our God is the great Sustainer!!!! Love you all. Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete