For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Friday, January 20, 2012

He likes to hold in his own paci! He's like "mama, I got this." Going on hour two of kangaroo care. Griffin's been out like light, and I feel like I've been to the spa.
Posting this update from phone, so I'll be brief...He is doing amazing! We got out the umb. central line out, which is a great step and also allows more holding time. Drs uped feeding again and he is getting well over an ounce at each feeding. My body is keeping up with him too! We are still having body temp issues, so please continue to pray for that. If he can regulate that, we can move him out of the isolet- one step closer to bringing him home. He's got many more milestones to reach, but God is just blessing us and letting us all take it one day at a time. I hear all day from the staff, for a 30 weeker, he is doing exceptional. Praise God!
Thank you all for the prayers, meals and taxi rides. I tell Griffin about each of you and all the family and friends he has loving him. He smiles. I know it's just muscle twitches, but hey I can pretend.
Love,
Stefanie

1 comment:

  1. Yay for kangaroo care! I remember that being one of the absolute best things about the boys being newborns. Ben had a difficult time regulating his body temp while in the hospital (he was 4lbs the day we went home!), and kangaroo care was the only thing that really steadied it. Soak up that special time-- it will help your hormones and let you continue to keep up with his feeding needs.... Prayers and love continue for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete