For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"She named him Samuel, saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him." 1 Samuel 1:19

A big name for a little guy- Griffin Samuel Reeder

How did we land on Griffin Samuel? Griffin we had always liked, but Samuel... there's the story. The night I told Sean I was expecting, we were in a major state of shock. After all we had tried, and prayed, and in the end grieved over, for us to conceive without the help of the fertility doctor, floored us. We were overjoyed to know God had blessed us. Every night Sean reads to Grant from his children's Bible, reading one story a night, in order. The night we found out we were going to have another baby, Sean took Grant to bed, opened the Bible for their nightly reading and it so happened to be the story of Hannah and Samuel. It was an amazing gift from God, that through his word, in the most precise moment, he spoke to us, reminding us of His faithfulness, His power and His love. How blessed I am that He has given me these sweet boys to raise for Him.

 So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel,[b] saying, “Because I asked the LORD for him.” 1 Samuel 1:19


No comments:

Post a Comment