For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Monday, January 23, 2012

No steps back today.

Today was a good day for Griffin. His x-ray from this morning looked good. The area that they were concerned about looked a little less concerning and moved today. Praise. He was able to tolerate another dose of the antibiotic. Praise. His billirubin level remained constant, so no lights at this point. All positive news. His bloodwork still looked a little suspect, so they are going to continue with the antibiotics to be proactive against any infection that could be brewing. This will continue for another 7 days. The are going to put in a pic line to replace the IV. This should keep them from having to stick him with a new IV daily- which is what they have had to do for the last 3 days. They should put this in sometime this evening. Please pray that that procedure goes well and that Griffin does not experience too much discomfort. Please pray that this remains free from infection as well.
On the home front, I am not getting much sleep and am having a difficult time staying asleep. Grant is acting out towards me when I am around him. I am not well-equipped to deal with this parenting challenge at this moment.  I am trying my best, but feel torn no matter where I am.
We are grateful to have Aunt Jane providing so much help. She has basically taken over all my responsibilities and I am so, so grateful. Grant is at least able to maintain some sort of normalcy in his schedule and I don't have to worry about him when I am away.
God is providing for all our needs. We are so grateful. Thank you sweet friends for your prayers. Every single one of them have given us strength that I know can only come from our great God. If I don't get a chance to respond back, please know that it doesn't mean I am not so grateful for the support, it's just we are in a constant state of go, go, go and no phones in the SCN. Know that I do tell Griffin about the army of God's people who are praying over him and who love him already.
Please keep praying for our sweet boy.
Love,
Stefanie





1 comment:

  1. Stef, thank you for this update-- it blessed me when I read it yersterday evening! I know this new reality is so hard and you are being stretched and broken in ways you didn't realize possible. I know it is terrible and beautiful all at the same time somehow-- and that is only because of His mercy and grace in the face of suffering.... I know He is drawing you close... don't fight the brokenness... surrender to it... He is redeeming it all already. I am so grateful to our God for meeting all of your needs and sustaining you moment by moment. I love you!

    ReplyDelete