For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a difference a week makes!

Griffin is doing very, very well. We are so thankful for all the prayers. we had some scary moments and being still and trusting and praying was made easier knowing we were joined on our knees by so many. This Mama will forever be grateful.

So, our big boy is hovering around 5 lbs., which is great. He is up to a full tube feed volume and tolerating that nicely. Still straight milk, no fortification. (Which is the F word) We got to try to introduce a bottle day before yesterday. He wasn't too interested. Then they let me nurse him and that went much, much better. So, as of now, they are focusing on getting him to nurse and no more bottles for the short term. He will continue to get the majority of his meals from the tube feeds. How grateful I am that there is a way to feed him. I can't imagine the scary anxiety I would have as a mommy trying to nurse a 34 week baby who just isn't completely ready for that big task. God has Griffin in the best place possible. It hurts leaving him here, but I am so grateful he is healthy and getting good care. My Aunt Jane keeps reminding me to "let go and let God." We are learning that
lesson day by day.
The other task on Griffin's to do list is to learn to keep his temp regulated on his own. He is making small, steady steps toward this as well. We are so proud of our strong boy. He is a fighter.
Our big boy is doing better too. I still notice changes with him, but considering how upside down his world was turned in a moment, he is doing great. I think the consistency of his routine with Aunt Jane is kicking in too. The boy likes a schedule. It is so beautiful the way he loves his little brother. I knew it would be good, but he is even more gentle and precious with him than I imagined. God is good.
So, we are moving in the right direction, slow and steady. G2 was 3 weeks yesterday & 34 weeks tomorrow. He's right on track.
Please continue to pray for our boy, that he remains free from infection, that

No comments:

Post a Comment