For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Monday, February 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We have begun our preemie hibernation period and it is wonderful.Since Thursday night, we have just been spending good family cuddle time and doing lots of laundry. The nursery is finally complete and the house is back to a new, wonderful normal.

Grant is such a loving big brother and is so gentle with Griffin. He will sit and hold him so peacefully. Grant had been diligently praying for a little brother, so he is over the moon happy to have this little guy. I had been praying for a lil one who looked like his Daddy, so as you can see below, we both got what we wanted. :)

Griffin had his first Drs appointment at our pediatrician today. All went well and he now weighs 5.9 lbs. He's gained 5 ounces since leaving the hospital Thursday! That's great news. The dr said he looked and sounded great and we don't have to go back for a month. I'm so relieved to hear the good news.

So, now I get to settle in to being a Mommy of two. It sure is easier having the two under one roof.
We are so grateful to have Griffin home and healthy. The last month was the most difficult and scary time of my life. It was overwhelming journey, but praise God, one with an amazingly happy ending. Sean and I were drawn closer together and closer to God and I am grateful for the lessons we learned. If God had not been in the middle of it all, it would have broken us. We knew day one we would never make it through on our own strength and we were thankful each day we could come to our Savior for reinforcements, for peace and for healing. I am so grateful for Sean's strength and encouragement and watching him live out his faith was a blessing that has left me forever changed. I am humbled by the love and support shown to our family. I will think back to this time and always remember how God mobilized his earthly army to support and love on us during this journey.

Tonight I will get to tuck one miracle into bed and rock another to sleep in my arms and praise my Savior for giving me both. Thank you God.

Taking the car seat challenge at the hospital.

Waiting for Daddy to bring the car around at the hospital. :)

 Griffin's room almost complete. (In my defense, I thought I had until March 19th!!!!)
Thank you Melissa Yanachik for the beautiful curtains and bedding and for rushing to get everything complete. She thought we had until March 19th too! Such a wonderful friend.


Mommy looked a lil rough on the night we got to bring him home. A month in the hospital apparently takes a toll. However, Griffin looked like an angel. Our sweet small group made sure the house was properly decorated to welcome our sweet boy home.
I could stare at mini-Sean all day.

Love,
Stefanie






2 comments:

  1. so glad you guys are home and happy and settling in. i can only imagine how much easier this is on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah H/doubletroubleFebruary 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM

    Soooo very thrilled for ALL of you! What a blessed homecoming and chapter in your life story. I know these days still aren't "easy" by any stretch, but the things that matter are in place and you know just how lovingly held you are in His arms. Thank you God for your unshakeable love and what you have done in this beautiful family! May their lives continue to serve as a witness to Your glory... love you, Fancy!

    ReplyDelete