For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Guess who's headed home in a couple of hours? Our God has held this sweet boy this last month and given us strength and peace that I never could have imagined. Thank you for loving and praying for Griffin Samuel.
And yes, in true Griffin fashion, we are headed home early. The house is still not ready, but I have everything I need in my arms.
Griffin is 35 weeks, 4 days and headed home. We have to keep him at home and away from others for the first 2 months, per the Neonatologists orders. They've equated it to the orders they give chemo patients... keeping away 6 feet from others and no young children. (I'm looking into a hazmat suit for GK) That's standard for preemies and even more essential for preemies born in the middle of RSV and flu season. It seems a bit extreme, but we've been counseled on this multiple times and it will be up to us to keep Mr. Griffin healthy. After our quarentine, let the lovin begin! It's going to be a fantastic spring. He was supposed to be under wraps until March 19th anyways. ;)

We are forever grateful for the love and support.
I'll update more when I wrap my mind around this.

Love,
Stefanie

1 comment:

  1. i know i shouldn't be surprised but God knew exactly what he was doing when He had you homeschool Grant. if he was in public school, he would be bringing home all kinds of germs and that would really complicate things. but now you can all sort of hibernate and limit Griffin's exposure to germs.

    ReplyDelete