For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Sunday, February 12, 2012

Griffin's finding his groove!


Praying that we are getting closer to going home. If Griffin continues to tolerate these fortified feedings and progresses on schedule, we could be home by this time next week. The nurses say Griffin is the boss, and we follow his cues and we definitely don't want to push him too hard. We want him to stay here as long as he needs to be, but it sure will be amazing to have all our family under one roof.  Please continue to pray that he tolerates these fortified feedings and that the nurse practitioners and nurses see any changes or warning sign of intolerance.
Sean spent the day with Griffin and I got to spend the day at home organizing and doing laundry like a mad women. (nesting- sean hates that word) Have I mentioned we were NOT ready at all for Griffin to arrive. The night I went into labor, the painters left at 6 and contractions started at 6:30. We really hadn't  bought too much of the things we needed yet, because we thought we still had 2 and a half months to get prepared. This past week I got to go out and do a lil shopping, so we would be ready for Griffin's homecoming. (thanks Sean and Nana) So other than a few little things, some minor decorating, and a lil cleaning, we are ready. That's a big relief.
Grant is doing great. He's spent the last week with Aunt Jane at Tom and Sheila's and I think that's been easier on him since he is used to staying there without us. Aunt Jane is turning him into a UK basketball fan, which I think is hilarious.
I am starting to come out of the fog and I even think some of Sean's jokes are funny again. God blessed me so abundantly when he gave me Sean. Not one time in since all of this began has he faltered or not been there 100% percent for our family. He is so strong and positive and rooted in faith, I am in awe. He has let me cry, encouraged me and taken care of my every need. He's the coach and these boys are so lucky to have him as Dad. We are blessed beyond measure.
Thanks to all of you who continue to support us, love and pray for us. You have prayed for our son and there is no greater gift you could give us. In these uncertain times, that's what has held me together, that's what has lifted Griffin up and it all has been for His glory.

Love,

Stefanie



2 comments:

  1. Sarah Hastings/doubletroubleFebruary 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

    Stef, he is a gorgeous mirable. Prayers continue for all of you! These days of craziness and chaos and messiness are where we realize how little we are and how big our God is... AND what a blessing our loved ones are and have been all along. Thank you God for those who stand in the gap for us when we can't stand ourselves. Thank you for being so GOOD! Love you, fancy girl!

    ReplyDelete